I originally drafted this post last week, but then decided I was supposed to be using an in-phone app for the processing. So, I’m dishing up my images for this week.
Sally D’s Mobile Photography Challenge
1st Monday – Nature
The above image was embossed with Image Majick; cropped and bevelled in GIMP.
The cobweb is real, not some sort of overlay. The embossing really accentuated it. On my walk that morning, I had to be careful as all the spiders in the area must have been madly spinning all night. Some of the distances they covered for the anchor points were amazing.
Nokia Lumia 530 (cropped in GIMP)
Our roadsides are still green where the longer grass has been kept short. Kangaroos are venturing inside our yard again. We are in our last month of summer. Despite our current hot weather, a few leaves on the American Sycamore look suspiciously autumn-toned. The temperature has been fluctuating wildly, though. Several times we’ve burnt bark in the wood heater to take a morning chill off the house!
In her post, Sally D spoke of the poet, Mary Oliver. When she told of Oliver’s wonderful prose, I was tempted to check what was available at The Book Depository where I usually get my real books. There, I was tempted by sale prices but, after checking eBay and my local library, I ended up at Amazon and purchased a Kindle edition at 52% off. Though a different book to the one Sally mentioned, the prose I read inside fit Sally’s description. I’m a bit naughty for I do not always read the pens section of Sally’s lens and pens posts. Today, her words really grabbed me.
taken this morning on our walk (Nokia Lumia 530)
In case you are wondering, I’m expecting to start the type-in part of my book revision today. All the changes to be made have been handwritten on the manuscript. Yesterday, I was working with a note declaring ‘I badly need a decent transition here’ when, all of a sudden, I discovered I had left out a scene from the printed manuscript! I couldn’t recall deciding to scrap the scene, either, so it was an accident when I transferred the edited scenes on Wattpad into a new Scrivener file. I must have been working too closely on the revision all these weeks to notice it missing.
As part of Holly Lisle’s methods, I had to write out a sentence for every scene in the novel from memory. Some interesting things happened including several of the new scene cards having the identical scene number as the original scenes. And yes, my story brain had included the missing scene. I suppose the theory there is that anything you don’t recall isn’t worth keeping. I’m looking forward to running book two through this system.
Time is running out – 6 days to have the final manuscript uploaded to Amazon before it goes live three days later.
Thanks for looking at my photos.
Thanks for reading my rambling and please do enjoy your week.